What is dogecoin?
Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency based on Litecoin
It was created by programmer Billy Markus from Portland, Oregon, who hoped to create a fun cryptocurrency that could reach a broader demographic than Bitcoin. As of December 2017, there are over 100 billion DOGE in circulation
1. Dogecoin is an altcoin (alternative coin) that was created in 2013
2. It was developed from a fork of LuckyCoin, which itself was based on Litecoin
3. The creator of dogecoin wanted to create something fun and different than other cryptocurrencies at the time
4. One of the most popular uses for dogecoins is tipping online content creators with small amounts
The coin has gained traction as an Internet tipping system, in which social media users give small amounts of money to others for providing interesting or noteworthy content
- Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin
5. It was created as a joke but has grown in popularity and worth
how to mine dogecoin?
1. Get a Dogecoin wallet
2. Find the best mining pool for your hardware and operating system
3. Join a mining pool and start generating dogecoins
4. Find a mining pool
5. Download the miner of your choice (we recommend cgminer)
6. Install it and configure it to connect to your chosen pool
7. Run the miner, then sit back and watch as you mine dogecoin!
8. Install and configure it to work with your chosen mining pool
9. Join the mining pool and start hashing away!